Sunday, July 8, 2012

Rivers, South Morang

Its probably very odd that I live so close to Rivers and practically drive past it every day but still haven't eaten there- this will change after seeing what a beautiful little cafe and providore it has and the amazing menu. This afternoon was just afternoon tea, and I feel like it only scraped the top of the barrel when it comes to the beautiful food Rivers must produce. Its like a little bit of the country and reminds me of little providores I have seen out of town. A little bit of the pricey side, as are most of the homewares and nursery products, but the food and atmosphere was definitely enjoyable.

I shared with a friend the 'pot' bread with capsicum and tasty cheese. What a gorgeous way to serve fresh, yummy bread. There was just the right amount of savoury yummies in it and the accompaniments were beautiful also.


We then shared a slice of the flourless orange cake, which was also really lovely. It was moist but not crumbly just like a good flourless cake should be. Instead of the traditional poppy-seeds it contained some kind of grainy seeds that gave it a beautiful almost wholemeal texture. Served warm with cream and a chocolate Rivers sign, it was also nicely presented.



A really great meeting place that I am happy to have finally visited... I am already planning a breakfast visit to work my way through more of the menu!



Rivers Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question about my adventures! =)