Saturday, June 16, 2012

Piccolo Meccanico

My Mum and I came upon this tiny, grungey little cafe whilst looking for a coffee and a bite to eat on a Saturday afternoon. Staff were friendly, the menu simple but wholesome and the deco very relaxed and inviting, kind of like a messy, vintage living room.

Mum ordered coffee and a muffin, me a chai latte and a smoked salmon and brie toasted sandwich.

Her coffee looked so beautiful when it arrived that she felt bad drinking it!



When my sandwich arrived, at first I thought wow, $8.50 for that? But it was actually the yummiest sandwich I have ever had. The combination of amazing multigrain bread with beautiful smoked salmon, spinach and creamy melted brie cheese had me very impressed. I would go back just for this sandwich.


My Chai Latte took FOREVER to come out, and in the end we decided to just leave... When I asked about it the barista explained they actually make their own chai tea, so he had to go and make some up. I agreed to have it takeaway and it was really really nice, actual chai tea with frothy soy milk and a dash of honey. Probably worth the wait.

This is a really funky little cafe that I imagine probably has quite a few regular customers. I will definitely be going back there next time I am craving a toasted sandwich!



Piccolo Meccanico on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question about my adventures! =)