Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Asian style Sashimi Salad

After completely overdosing on food and alcohol yesterday, I was craving something 'detoxing' for dinner tonight and a colleague at work was lovely enough to set me up with some beautiful sashimi grade fresh tuna her son and husband had caught deep sea fishing this weekend.

So, for my 'detox' meal this evening I combined my love for a crunchy Asian salad with my love for raw fish and feel fantastic after eating a completely raw and healthy meal.

Asian Style Sashimi Salad (serves one)


Salad
One fillet of sashimi grade tuna, sliced thinly against the grain (only ever use sashimi grade!!! See your local fish shop)
One cup of beanshoots
1/4 cup of sliced cucumber
1/4 cup of Parilla 'Crunchy Combo' sprouts (green produce section of supermarket)
Large handful of fresh coriander, shredded
Two spring onion pieces, chopped finely
Half a large chilli, seeds removed, chopped finely
5 snowpeas, thinly sliced

Dressing
Tablespoon of fish sauce
Tablespoon of mirin vinegar
Tablespoon of soy sauce
Juice of one lime

In a medium sized bowl combine beanshoots, cucumber, sprouts, coriander, spring onion, chilli and snowpeas. Add dressing and toss to combine. Arrange tuna on top and serve.

Such an easy, simple, healthy meal that your body will love you for. And once again, I preach about trying raw fish- it is simply amazing. Do it!

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question about my adventures! =)