Saturday, December 10, 2011

Toyama Japanese, Ivanhoe

There is something so wholesome about Japanese food. I think it has something to do with the amount of raw food they use- from sushi to seaweed salad to the fresh vegetables that are served with the hot dishes. The downside to Japanese food is that the amount of small dishes we tend to order mean that the bill can add up very quickly... but I guess it is somewhat worth it to have a meal where you feel nourished afterwards.

Toyama has been our favourite local Japanese haunt for years. We usually share three or four entrees and a main meal. We always comment afterwards that we wish we had have had ALL entrees, as they really seem be the best part of the meal. So, I thought I would share with you a few of our favourite small share dishes at Toyama.

Agedashi Tofu- one of my favourite foods. The soft beancurd pillows soak up just enough of the beautiful broth.

Okonomiyaki- these soft pancakes stuffed with crisp shredded vegetables are just lovely. The BBQ sauce and mayonnaise topping may sound weird, but the flavour combo is out of this world!

 
Sushi- I adore sushi. Give me nigiri, handrolls, sashimi along with some ginger and a generous touch of wasabi and I am content. My absolute favourite 'healthy' food. And I strongly encourage those who haven't yet to give the raw fish version a try!!



  Yet another 'Preaching the benefits of Asian food' session from me ;)

L x Toyama on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or question about my adventures! =)